| Agenzia Muratore |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Forum - My First AIP Application: What the Process Was Really Like Mya Lopez (Invitato)
| | My first AIP application was much less dramatic than I expected, but it was also more detailed than simply typing in a salary and getting an instant borrowing figure. I started the process because I wanted to see details of what price range actually made sense before arranging too many property viewings. The lender asked for the usual financial information: income, monthly household spending, existing debts, deposit size, and some basic credit information. What surprised me was how much the regular commitments affected the result. Car finance, a personal loan, and credit-card balances can all reduce the amount a lender is prepared to show at the AIP stage. It made me look at affordability in a much more realistic way. The figure itself was useful, but I never treated it as guaranteed approval. An Agreement in Principle is still an estimate based on the information supplied at that point. The full application can involve a more detailed review of payslips, bank statements, employment details, credit history, and the property being purchased. I wanted to see details of that distinction early because it would be easy to assume an AIP means the mortgage is already approved. Credit searches were another thing I checked before applying. Some lenders may use a soft search for an AIP, while a full mortgage application can involve a deeper assessment. A soft search is generally used as an initial check and is different from the more thorough credit review carried out later. I would always see details of the lender’s approach before submitting several applications in a short period. Once I had the AIP, conversations with estate agents became easier. I could explain that I had already looked at affordability and had an indication of what I might be able to borrow. It did not guarantee that a seller would accept my offer, but it made me feel more organised when discussing properties seriously. Another interesting point was that different lenders can produce different estimates even when they receive identical income and expenditure figures. Their affordability models, treatment of debts, and stress calculations can vary, so I would not assume that one AIP represents every lender. I wanted to see details from more than one perspective before deciding what my real budget should be. Deposit size influenced the picture as well. A larger deposit reduces the mortgage required and can improve the loan-to-value position, although I still think it is sensible to keep some money aside for surveys, legal costs, moving expenses, and emergencies. |
Rispondere:
Totale topic: 235 Totale post: 4584 Totale utenti: 1
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Oggi ci sono stati già 229 visitatori (306 hits) qui! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|